Located in the blue and calming waters of the Gulf, adjacent to a glistening desert, the world renowned city of Dubai offers unrivalled 5* Luxury Hotels and year round hot weather. The incredible combination of a modern city and ancient desert, the meeting point between East and West, is home to the world’s biggest skyscrapers as well as the world’s most intricate alleys that make up the Gold Souks. The continuing developments of theme parks, shopping malls and dining outlets are amongst some of the ambitious projects that mean two holidays to this destination will never be the same.
Best Time to Visit
Dubai’s weather is extremely warm all year round – perfect to visit in any month. Temperatures in June, July and August are over 40°C whilst temperatures in the remainder of the year rarely fall below 25°C. It is always worth considering when Ramadan falls as this can affect the availability of food and drink at a small number of outlets.
Dubai’s hotel areas can be broken down into three main zones: the Marina, the Palm and City hotels. Dubai Marina is where it sounds – down on the marina. The Palm hotels are on the Palm Jumeirah, whilst the city hotels are closer to the international airport.
The cuisine of Dubai is varied – from the most traditional of Arabian and Asian dishes, to the most American and English of dishes. Influences from both the East and the West have shaped Dubai’s food outlets. Particularly well enjoyed are the brunches – these are often associated with Fridays, and guests pay a set price to eat (and drink) as much as they want. The selection of foods at brunches ranges from oysters and smoked duck to caviar and pizza.
Things to Do
- Shop until you drop with some of the best value luxury shopping outlets in the world.
- Enjoy some of the world’s best theme parks and waterparks including the selection of attractions at Atlantis the Palm, the Dubai Aquarium and IMG World of Adventure.
- Take a dune buggy out in the desert.
- Rise to the top of the world’s biggest building, the Burj Khalifa.
- Experience the world’s first 7* hotel, the Burj Al Arab.
- Enjoy a brunch or a Dubai creek river cruise.