Luxury Holidays to Spain are a wide ranging collection of holidays that come highly recommended by our travel consultants. The Canaries include Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura whilst the Balearic Islands compromise of Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza. The Spanish islands are highly desirable for their unique charm and glorious weather. Resorts on mainland Spain are just as luxurious and often overlooked because they offer a shorter flight time; they include Costa Dorada, Costa Blanca, Costa Brava, the Costa del Sol and Costa de la Luz.
Best Time to Visit
Mainland Spain is typically suited to a summer months holiday as this is when the best of the weather is. This covers the months from May to September and you can expect temperatures in the mid to late 20°Cs. The case is similar for the Balearic Islands as they are located just off the coast of Spain. However, the Canary Islands are regarded as a suitable year round destination as they are considerably warmer in the winter months that mainland Spain. Their location in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa provides them with a warmer climate for most of the year. The hottest months are the summer months, but temperatures are still in the 20°Cs during the winter months.
- Tenerife – Costa Adeje, Los Cristinaos, Playa de Las Americas and Playa Paraiso.
- Fuerteventura – Corralejo, Caleta de Fuste and Morro Jable.
- Gran Canaria – Maspalomas, Meloneras, Playa de Ingles and Puerto de Mogan.
- Lanzarote – Playa Blanca and Puerto Calero.
- Mallorca – Palma, Cala D’Or, Santa Maria, Illetas and Puerto Pollensa.
- Menorca – Mahon, Santo Tomas, Playa de Son Bou, Es Castell, Cala Santandria and Alaior.
- Ibiza – Ibiza Town, Santa Eulalia, Plaua de Talamanca and Playa D’En Bossa.
- Spain – Costa Dorado, Costa Blanca, Costa Brava, Costa del Sol and Costa de la Luz.
Popular cuisine choices vary from island to island, but generally cuisine at all Spanish resorts is based around popular foods whilst local bars serve speciality tapas and seafood.
History and Culture
The Canary Islands offer huge amounts of history and culture as they are volcanic islands – group tours with history talks of previous eruptions are extremely enjoyable whilst vastly informative, too. Mainland Spain has plenty of it’s own history, Barcelona being a particular hub with it’s own breathtaking Cathedral and Gothic Quarter.
Things to Do
- Endure plenty of watersports in virtually any Spanish resort.
- Hike up the volcanic mountains of the Canary Islands.
- Enjoy the nightlife in certain resorts across Spain and it’s islands.
- Soak up the sun in pure luxury at Spanish resorts.
- Grab a bargain with virtually duty free shopping in the Canaries.